Friday May 29, 2020
For the road ahead

HMRC tax advice

Our Union has been receiving an increasing number of enquiries from members regarding claiming tax relief for certain work related expenses which have not been fully reimbursed by the employer.We have contacted HM Revenue& Customs (HMRC) to ask what is the best way to claim this tax relief and have received this response.

To help you view the YouTube video and the online P87 form here are the links:

The main advantage of making a claim directly to HMRC is that, if successful, you would retain 100% of the refund for yourself. However, you should be aware that there is no guarantee of success, and there is also always the risk that you might be issued with a demand for underpaid tax.If you prefer someone else to make the claim on your behalf, there are alternatives. You could use either an accountant, or one of the many tax refund companies which advertise their services on the internet. For such services, you would be charged a fee or a sizeable percentage of the refund. 

Our aims...

URTU is a non-political organisation dedicated to advancing the interests of those workers connected with the road haulage industry.
More informationMore information

10 reasons...

Join the UK's only specialist road haulage, distribution and logistics union - an organisation that negotiates improvements.
More informationMore information

Join now...

Click here and fill in an online application form. Rates are available for drivers, non-drivers and part-time employees.
More informationMore information