Saturday May 8, 2021
For the road ahead

Kent Access Permit no longer required to access Kent


The Department for Transport has announced that from today, HGV drivers will no longer need a Kent Access Permit (KAP) if they're driving an HGV to the EU from the Port of Dover or the Eurotunnel. The "check if an HGV is ready to cross the border service" will also be closed.

Before you cross the border, drivers will still need to check they have the paperwork they need to cross the border between Great Britain and the EU. They must also check if they need a coronavirus (COVID-19) test, and when they should get one.

Advice and information is available at:

« Back to news list

Our aims...

URTU is a non-political organisation dedicated to advancing the interests of those workers connected with the road haulage industry.
More informationMore information

10 reasons...

Join the UK's only specialist road haulage, distribution and logistics union - an organisation that negotiates improvements.
More informationMore information

Join now...

Click here and fill in an online application form. Rates are available for drivers, non-drivers and part-time employees.
More informationMore information